I haven't seen it in years, but when we were kids one of our favorite Christmas TV specials to watch as a family was "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street." It was created in the classic Sesame Street style, with several little stories told in random bits throughout the hour. Ernie and Bert run into complications when exchanging gifts. Big Bird is worried that Santa won't fit down the chimney.
I think my sister Blondie and I agree on our two favorite moments in the show.
When Ernie and Bert sing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas":
And when a tiny girl explains to Grover how Santa gets into houses:
"He pushes the button ... and he steps up the big step ... and he gets in!"
If you haven't ever seen "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street," I recommend that you watch it. It will bring out the little kid in you. :)


3 comments:
I agree that this is a classic! Although this past Christmas I showed it to some of our nieces and nephews and they didn't seem to appreciate it like we do. P.S. That part with the like girl explaining to Grover how Santa gets in the house is my most, very favorite part of any Christmas movie!!!
Pookie, I'm sorry the nieces and nephews didn't appreciate it. But they didn't grow up with Bert, Ernie, Grover, and Big Bird as their friends like we did, so perhaps it can't be helped.
p.s. I was thrilled when I found a photo online of the little girl pushing the button. I can still hear her voice in my head. She's probably "all grown up and saving China" by now.
Post a Comment