Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Are You a Man or a Muppet?

So, I accidentally watched the Oscars on Sunday night. My husband was watching in the other room, and I walked in to ask him a question, and I sat down and watched it to the end.

In fact, my husband was fast-forwarding through some of it and I told him to stop, because I really wanted to hear the random commentary from Reese Witherspoon, Barbra Streisand, et. al,  about their movie watching experiences. Those were actually some of my favorite parts. It can be unsatisfying to watch the Oscars when you have seen only a couple of the films that are up for awards. I saw Harry Potter 7 (part 2) which was nominated for some kind of editing or visual effects award (but didn't win, so I can't remember the category). And I saw the recent Muppet Movie which won the Oscar for best song.

That's the reason I am writing this blog right now. Because I can't get that Muppet song out of my head.

"Am I a Man, or am I a Muppet? If I'm a Muppet, I'm a very Manly Muppet! If I'm a Man, I'm a Muppet of a Man!" ... or however it goes... I don't really know. That's part of the problem. I might get closure if I could sing the song all the way through and get to the end of it.

I find it especially maddening to have these particular lyrics stuck in my head because I am clearly neither a Man or a Muppet.

No comments: