Thursday, January 12, 2012

And Now a Word from Our Sponsor

Oh. Hello out there. And welcome.

Today is the Official Launch of this blog. I've been posting to it -- off and on -- for many moons, and with much trepidation I have decided that it's time to invite some people to read it.

So far, this is a "Family History / Current Events / All About Me / Random Thoughts" sort of blog. In other words, it is a "Whatever" kind of blog. 

I got some pretty good momentum going in December when I decided to write a series of "12 Days of Christmas" posts that describe holiday traditions and memories. I started with the best of intentions and wrote DAY ONE on December 13. But, you'll notice how the 12 Days of Christmas stopped at DAY EIGHT. The relatives started arriving for the holiday week on December 20, and I just couldn't make it to 12 days. Maybe next year.

One problem I've had with keeping the momentum going is that my blog posts tend to be long and ponderous. I need to mix it up a bit with shorter posts and not feel compelled to tell the whole family history in a few weeks. My plan is to publish at least one item to this blog every week. If I can write shorter ones, it may be more frequent than that.

So ... to keep you coming back, here is a Preview of upcoming topics (not necessarily in this order):
  • Thanksgiving Eve dinner 2011, during which we learn that the chance to eat Randalf's cooking is worth going AWOL from one's job at the risk of possibly being fired.
  • Thanksgiving Day dinner 2011, during which we discuss cannibalism, and also discuss whether people will be naked in the Celestial Kingdom.
  • What happens when two Smurfs play with matchbox cars.
  • A project idea for Grandma Di to work on during those long, cold winter evenings in Romania.
  • How the great wall of China and stonehenge were built in my yard this past summer.
  • How NOT to train for a 5K run.
  • What happened after I worked a show in Vegas and my #1 fan showed up in my hotel room. 
  • Kindness.
In addition to this blog, I've also started a blog to tell stories about my husband Randalf. You can find it at scars-cars-guitars.blogspot.com. So far it has only one entry, but I plan to start posting to his blog at least once a month. If you decide to check that blog, the next post will be on this topic:
  • How Randalf is (not so scientifically) diagnosed with SBIADD.
Also, if you haven't already, please read this stuff on the blog sidebar
  • Share Your Story
  • About Names
Send me an email if you have something to say and don't want to post a public comment: Carrie.Grairdquist@gmail.com
Or if you don't have anything much to say, I'd still like to know who is out there reading. So every once in a while, please add a comment that says something like "Joni was here."
    Now, on to the regularly scheduled blogging....

    3 comments:

    Emmie said...

    Emmie was here! I'm so happy you're blogging. I loved reading your Christmas posts (although Day Four made me extremely hungry and now I need some homemade caramels. And gingerbread. And a cheese ball).

    I'm really looking forward to your future entries.

    Anonymous said...

    Joni was here.

    Anonymous said...

    The real Joni (who forgot her google account name) was here. Not just an anonymous stranger.