Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When Smurfs Play with Matchbox Cars

A few years ago my son C took a Multi-Media Design class in high school. For one of his projects, he was required to include a short video clip from his life. The video clip could be no longer than one minute. We looked at some videos that were taken during his childhood and found a clip that was exactly 59 seconds long.

After watching it a few times, I realized that it is a perfect little story, with one main character (C) always at the center and two other characters (his little brother E and his Dad) coming in and out of the frame. 


My husband Randalf thinks that the costumes worn by the two smallest characters add a lot to the scene, and I love that there are happy noises coming from the little guy who is too young to talk.

I took this video when my first husband and I were living with our two sons in an old farm house in France. Actually, the house had once been a barn that had been converted into a house. You can see that we had small electric heaters in some of the rooms, but we mostly heated the house with the wood stove in the kitchen and with a couple of fireplaces. If it got extra cold on the winter evenings, the kids would wear those stocking caps in the house. And sometimes they just liked wearing hats.

In this video, I love how baby E's hair curls up out of the back of his purple stocking cap. That kid still looks great with curls in his hair.

1 comment:

Pookie said...

I love this video! I love you and your little boys. (I guess they're not so little any more, but they hold a special place in my heart.)